Saturday 1 September 2012

Circles, Squares and Wiggles: Crochet Blankets

Hi all!

This isn't a How To, just a bit of showing off! I've just finally finished sewing in the ends of a new baby blanket for a friend and as I'm waiting until she is a bit nearer giving birth to give it to her, I'll show the internet instead! The pattern is based on one from a crochet book I got out from the library a few weeks ago, and is a fantastic book written by Linda Permann called 'Little Crochet, Modern Designs for Babies and Toddlers'. Worth checking out if you or anyone nearby has an little ones! Modified slightly in that the pattern in the book was very small, so I increased it by making a few extra rows of squares.









And then I thought, oh, I haven't put any pictures of my wiggly rainbow blanket I made months ago on Pinterest yet, I can add them in here! This pattern was slavishly followed from the very easily followable patterns from Lucy at Attic 24. I'm in love with this, but didn't make it quite wide enough for a grown up blanket, still love it and it will stay in blanket cupboard (or on a random chair in the living room...) until a purpose for it appears!






And then this is what I'm working on at the moment, although I'm having a little break and sewing in ends tonight as my crochet finger feels pretty much like it is going to fall off! 




This one was inspired by some Pinterest wanderings a little while ago that I've become fairly obsessed with (here for the original photo). The pattern is very basic, just a normal granny square but instead of going straight in to the previous row, doing a row of 3 chain and single stitches in each gap in white. I think it looks lovely and has built up really quickly. If I do this again, I would go for a rectangle shape instead as maybe the final product will be more useable?

Love Ali

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...